Premium-Seiten ohne Registrierung:

Auktionspreisarchiv

Auktion: Auktion 02.06.2010
wurde versteigert am: 2. Juni 2010
Aktuelle Auktionen Auktionspreisarchiv

1960 Mercedes-Benz 190SL

Archiv
Schätzpreis: 40.000 £ - 50.000 £
ca. 59.002 $ - 73.752 $
Zuschlagspreis:  67.050 £
ca. 98.902 $
Los-Nr. 39, Aufrufe: 180

The Mercedes-Benz 190SL was a two door convertible available with a removable hardtop. It was produced between May 1955 and February 1963 and the prototype was first shown to the world at the New York Auto Show of 1954. The 190SL was produced and sold alongside the 300SL, its larger and more expensive stable mate and closely resembled it in the styling and its fully independent suspension, with both cars having double wishbone suspensions at the front and swing axles at the rear. The 190SL did not use the 300SL's purpose-built tubular space frame W198 platform but was instead built on the shortened monocoque R121 platform, which was modified from the W121 small saloon platform. The 190SL was powered by a completely new 1.9 Litre four cylinder inline engine that developed 120 gross hp. In fact, the four cylinder engine block of the 190SL was based on the six cylinder engine of the 300 SL The 85 mm bore was transferred unchanged from the larger engine to the smaller, although the stroke for the 190 SL was reduced from 88.0 mm to 83.6 mm. The car was available either as a soft-top convertible or with removable hardtop. Another option was the third-passenger transversal seat that could even fit an adult. In its early life, the 190SL could also be had as a sports-racing model with small Perspex windscreen and aluminum doors. In 1959, the hardtop's rear window was enlarged. This UK supplied right-hand drive 190SL was originally delivered new to Weybridge, Surrey, for the Earl Of Shannon with the registration 'DUC 176'. He used the car until the late 1970's whereupon the car was placed in storage and remained there for many years after. Whilst in storage the car passed through the hands of two owners who had good intentions of restoring the car but it wasn't until the current vendor acquired the car that the restoration began. Purchased as a 'Barn Find' needing restoration, the car was complete and had covered less than 40,000 miles from new but years of storage had taken its toll and the car required attention. The vendor then set about a lengthy four year nut and bolt restoration to bring the car up to concours condition. The bodywork was completely restored with photographic documentation of the works in the history file. They included the fitment of new front and rear wings, new front panel and new rear inner wheel arches. Once the bodywork was completed the car was the subject of a full bare metal respray in the correct shade of Silver coachwork (DB180). The car was fully re-trimmed in contrasting deep red leather and a new black Mohair hood was also fitted, all brightwork was re-chromed during the restoration. The engine was fully checked over and partially restored, due to the low mileage of the car the vendor found the engine to be in excellent condition upon close inspection. The Carburetors have been replaced with twin Webers which are said to improve fuel consumption and torque over the original Solex units. The car is also fitted with five new tyres. Supplied with an exceptionally rare original hard top which is also restored, an original owner's handbook and a comprehensive history file documenting the restoration. Fully UK registered and still retaining its original registration number, this fastidiously restored 190SL is now ready to be fully enjoyed.

Informationen zur Auktion
Auktionshaus: Historics at Brooklands Museum Trust Ltd
Titel: Auktion 02.06.2010
Auktionsdatum: 02.06.2010
Adresse: Historics at Brooklands Museum Trust Ltd
Thorney Lane North
SL0 9HF Iver
Großbritannien und Nordirland
[email protected] · +44 (0)1753 639170 · +44 (0)1522 262177